Chemmystery

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Misconception...

I think everyone has high expectations of teachers, but I guess there are times where the line must be drawn. An incident just happened and I'm very angry now.

It seems to me that teachers are taken for granted and we are always expected to do many things... sometimes way too much... and the worse part... total unappreciativeness...

I was staying back to rush marking papers so that I can give back to sec 4s within a day their June 2007 paper and give feedback, so I told one student who wanted me to go over some topics that I'm not staying for night study but for marking.

Don't know why... this student heard it as not staying at all... After marking a series of disgraceful scripts, and feeling low, I needed to go to toilet at 8:30pm and I did. The instant I stepped out, I heard, "WAAAAAAAHH !!! Lie to me!!! Say not staying back for night study and still around!!!" in front of all her friends..

Firstly, I did not even go to the HALL, so did I stay back for night study?

Secondly, I ALREADY SAID I'M NOT FREE COS I NEED TO MARK AND I DID NOT SAY I'M NOT STAYING AT ALL.

Thirdly, it is the normal attitude of this student that irritates me.. always say I'm biased, always expect me to go through every single topic with her... EXCUSE ME, I have more than one student.. I'm a school teacher and NOT A TUITION TEACHER!!! If I stay back to help, it is of my goodwill to do so, and not because it is expected of me... especially since it is not my duty to stay back...

Anyone who knows me already know that I stay back almost every day till night and even coming back on SATURDAYS and TILL 7PM...

I can dare say I have already tried, but this student is WAY TOO MUCH and I can't take it!!! She has no respect no conscience, no self reflection... everything is the teacher's fault... While almost everyone is rushing to revise on their own and leaving doubts to consult teachers, she expects everything to be summarised for her.

She can start to depend on herself. Cos if tomolo her attitude refuses to change, I REFUSE to teach her and I don't care... I rather help all those that NEED IT AND is at least knowing what I have done for them.

She can go ahead and get C5/C6 for all I care (With all my help so far, I doubt she will get f9 now).

I hope I don't ever get more of such demanding, unappreciative students anymore...

(By the way, I'm still in school... I know I should be continuing my marking, but I really need a place to say everything out.... Back to work... hopefully I'm at home before 1am...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home