Chemmystery

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Apologies for current situation.

Well, the latest thing about Chemistry is definitely not those topics that will be taught soon, but rather about the decision to convert to sub science or not to convert.

Anyway, I've noticed a rise in the number of people who tagged. Although I do believe that the poor results shown are partly the students' fault, but there are many factors that do make up for the poor results, so dear Sec 3s don't be too hard on yourselves!!

Firstly, apologies from me as perhaps I did not put enough effort to "save everyone" Try as I may to be impartial, I admit I did dedicate a lot of time on Sec 4s. And perhaps the way I teach just ain't effective. I'll try to do better, but for some of you, so sorry to have made you change to another combination.

Secondly, please do note the level of difficulty of the paper. This paper is tough. Although parents like to discuss about the final results only, but I'm a firm believer of the level of paper that may have caused the demise of many students.

Do take note where your mistakes came from. Is it the lack of understanding from the questions? Or was it your lack of preparation?

For your information, although I said the paper was tough, if you have gotten the 10 marks question on bonding wrong, please do reflect on yourselves... cos I believe we drilled bonding like mad. There must have been like 40++ questions (including class tests) on bonding and I even heard students saying,"Why are we doing so many questions on this topic? What if it doesn't come out?"

So if we revise one topic so much and you still can't score for that question... a lot of self reflection needs to be done.

These are some factors I can attribute to the poor results, so please don't be too hard on ourselves and whatever you choose, don't keep thinking of the "what ifs" and move on. Stick with your decision. The grass is always greener on the other side. Was it this blog that I mentioned that my friends in NUS always claimed they should have gone to NTU and vice versa? Likewise, I also thought for a while that I should have gone to ARTS in Uni rather than Science. But who knows what "miserable life" I would have gotten have I gotten my wish.

Move on and work hard! All the best! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home